Welcome to TASC Law
Our Vision is Social Justice for All. In the work that we do, we follow these basic Social Justice principles:
- Access (greater equality of access to goods and services to members of our communities who are vulnerable, marginalised or suffer financial disadvantage)
- Equity (overcoming unfairness caused by unequal access to economic resources and power)
- Rights (equal effective legal, industrial and political rights)
- Participation (expanded opportunities for real participation in the decisions which govern our clients’ lives)
TASC’s belief is that Social Justice is about equality and fairness between human beings. It works on the universal principles that guide people in knowing what is right and what is wrong. This is also about keeping a balance between groups of people in a society or a community. TASC upholds the principles of Social Justice when we remove barriers that people face because of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, culture or disability.
TASC’s Commitment To Social Justice
As Social Justice refers to creating a society that is based on the principles of equality and understanding the value of human rights, it is in direct alignment with our organisational values and philosophy.
As the largest regional Community Legal Centre in Queensland, we have embraced the Social Justice message and pursue powerful ways to raise awareness, collaborate and showcase our advocacy for Social Justice throughout our communities.
- Open Honest and Respectful Communication
- Innovation and Adaptability
- Client Focused
- Driven and Tenacious
Queensland Social Justice Centre
It is violence of any kind perpetrated within a domestic relationship. Many people do not realise how broadly the law interprets the term ‘domestic violence’. It is not just about inflicting physical harm on another person. Domestic violence also includes financial...